Taio di Nomi allows you to discover part of the old bed of the Adige River and its surrounding territory, dominated by three ancient castles, testimonies of the Medieval and Renaissance ages. It is one of Trentino’s smallest nature reserves, but its naturalistic-historic importance is huge. With some patience, luck and a great spirit of observation, you can spot numerous birds - especially those aquatic - among the reeds. This nature reserve is also an important stopping point for migrating birds, which come to for rest and refreshment.
The watching park and the wooden tower allow visitors to rise 5-6 meters above the countryside level in order to observe the bird life more easily. A loop around the biotope, starting at the Bicigrill in Nomi. The hike crosses the apple orchards and the vineyard of Nomi, Calliano and Volano countryside.
Safety informationPlease note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.