Trenches, galleries, views of Vallarsa and the Piccole Dolomiti
Distance 8.1 km
The trekking passes through a suggestive beech-wood and a meadow where you find Malga Zocchi. From the top of Mount Testo, the mountain that is behind Malga Zocchi, when the weather is fine you can see Mount Pasubio, the Italian and Austro-Hungarian Dente, Cima Palon, the Piccole Dolomiti, Cima Levante, Mount Zugna and also far away Mount Altissimo and the chain of Mount Telegrafo which is between the Garda Lake and the Adige Valley. Just below the top of Mount Testo, the Austro-Hungarians army built a series of galleries and refuges which have been restored by SAT of Rovereto and are very interesting to be visited.
Near Bocchetta Foxi, you could meet chamois if you respect the natural silence of that place.
AuthorApt Rovereto Vallagarina
Update: July 03, 2018
Safety informationPlease note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereFrom Rovereto (Podestà Square) driving in SP50. After San Colombano bridge, turn left direction Rifugio Lancia. Park in Pian del Keserle.
ParkingPian del Keserle, in Giazzera
32T 664576 5077370
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view