A round trip in the central part of the Monte Baldo chain
Distance 28.5 km
The tour starts from the Madonna della Neve basin to go up to the meadows of Malga Lavacchio, from where you can admire sweeping views of the Adige Valley and the Lessini Plateau. It then continues through a characteristic beech forest in the direction of Passo del Cerbiolo and Rifugio Novezzina. It goes up briefly to the Cavallo di Novezza pass and then goes back down towards the Malghe Acque Nere, Artiloncino, Trembarì, up to the esplanade of the Dossioli. The return is all downhill along the paved road to the starting point.
AuthorApt Rovereto Vallagarina
Update: March 11, 2021
Safety informationThe route takes place along forest roads or asphalted roads, where it is advisable to moderate the speed on the descents, especially near curves or woods - which can hide other hikers or oncoming cars.
Getting thereFrom the A22 Ala - Avio exit, take the road towards Avio and then go up along the Strada del Monte Baldo (SP208) to the junction of Pra da Stua. Here you turn left to Passo della Cola, after which you will soon find the signs for Madonna della Neve.
ParkingIn Madonna della Neve there are many car parks, we advise you not to leave the car on the side of the road or in the meadows.
32T 646445 5066402
EquipmentWe recommend the use of a helmet.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view