The last difficult stage is now followedby an easy one from Oberzauchensee,with a brief climb tothe Stubhöhe and a long descentto the Vordergnadenalm.
Distance 5.6 km
From Oberzauchensee we take the supply road southwards towards the valley head. After about 500 mthe footpath makes a left up to theStubhöhe heights. Several trailsconverge at this point (Arnoweg,Hafeicht Tour, …). The Almenweg makes its way down towards the Tauernkarleitenalm, which we will reach in about 15 minutes via a meadow of larch interspersed with mountain pine and limestone boulders. At the Tauernkarleitenalm we are afforded splendid panoramas to the southeast. From this point we enjoy a leisurely walk along a supply roaddown to the Vordergnadenalm.
Visit the hometown museum of Altenmarkt-Zauchensee
Update: August 23, 2021
Rest StopTauernkarleiten Alm 1650 m
Gnadenalmstüberl (1272 m)
Tips and hints
Getting thereTauernautobahn A 10, exit Altenmarkt (EXIT 63), exit Altenmarkt West, along Oberndorfer Straße, at the intersection (BP petrol station) turn left on the Bundesstraße (B 163), turn right at the market square direction Zauchnesee.
33T 383937 5237539
EquipmentSolid footwear, rain protection
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view