Via the Buffalora Pass to the Nomnom south ridge (well secured stairs), over the alpine pastures of Aion to the Auriglia gorge (secured ladder). Over stone blocks to the di Fora Alp (self-service hut with beverage sales) then a steep descent to the village of Santa Maria.
Distance 15.7 km
Update: June 26, 2018
Safety informationPlease note: Snow fields are possible on the upper sections right through to the summer months.
Especially difficult section at the Auriglia gorge.
Tips and hintsAssociazione Sentiero Alpini Calanca
Tel. +41 (0)91 828 14 67
32T 511436 5132960
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view