leisurely bike path, past the beautiful Lake Erlaufsee, partly on federal and state roads.
TIP 2: Detour to the Marien waterfall (in Grünau)
Rest stopsStrandbuffet am Erlaufsee
Safety informationA few more requests - the nature and wildlife will thank you and the bike experience will be an even more beautiful:
- Please stay on the designated paths!
- Please do not leave any litter!
- Hikers and pedestrians have priority!
- Please ride responsibly and in half-sightedness!
- Please ride only a technically perfect bike!
Tips and hintsTourism Association Hochsteiermark - Office Mariazeller Land
Main square 13, 8630 Mariazell
T: +43 (0) 3882 2366
Getting thereComing from Bruck an der Mur via the B20 over the Seebergsattel and through Gußwerk. Always follow the course of the road.
Coming from St. Pölten via the B20 (Annaberg and Josefsberg) through Mitterbach and St. Sebastian. Always follow the course of the road.
Parkingyou can find an overview of the parking spaces here
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentA few tips for safe cycling:
- Check your bike's air pressure, spoke tension and brake pads after every tour.
- A helmet is a must for every bike tour.
- Consider in advance what equipment you need to take with you: warm clothing, rain and wind protection, a repair kit and first aid kit belong in your backpack, as does a charged cell phone.
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints