Since the Nordic Ski World Cup in 1999, Ramsau am Dachstein has become a regular feature on the FIS World Cup Calendar - Nordic Combined. Over 65 athletes will compete here to gain the sought after world cup points.
In December, the world's top nordic sports athletes will compete on Ramsau am Dachstein's ski jumping hill and cross-country trails. There will be 2 Gundersen Competitions happening. These will each feature a ski jump from the HS 98 ski jumping hill and a 10 km cross-country run.
Café- Restaurant Ramsau Zentrum
Overview of the trail rules
- Drive on sight
- Be considerate of others
- On the ascent you can sidestep more easily than the downhill one
- Only use the trail with cross-country skis, no alpine skis
- Entering the trail without cross-country skis is not permitted. Please use the winter hiking trails for this
- Please do not throw anything away. The landowners are not there to pich up the rubbish (including paper tissues)
- Dogs are not permitted on the trails
- The terms and conditions apply as posted
Please always observe the rules of the cross-country ski run. In general, each double track is a unit of cross-country skiing trails. The rule of law applies. There are no motorway regulations, even if several cross-country trails run side by side, the legal rule always applies.
Tips and hintswww.ramsau.com/xc
From the west:
Take the A10 to Knoten Ennstal - take the exit towards Graz/Schladming. Drive along the Ennstal-Bundesstraße for approx. 20 km until you reach Schladming. Take the turn-off for Ramsau. Continue to the village of Ramsau where the XC-stadium is located.
From the East/North:
Take the Pyhrnautobahn direction Liezen. Then follow the Ennstalbundesstraße to Schladming. Take the turn-off for Ramsau. Continue to the village of Ramsau where the XC-stadium is located.
ParkingParking available at the "Ramsau Zentrum" next to the stadium.
Author’s map recommendations
- Cross-country skating equipment with appropriate cross-country skis, sticks and boots.
- Warm, breathable clothing.
- Gloves, hood
- 10 Waypoints
- 10 Waypoints