Hike from the Tauplitzalm over the Niederblas to Tauplitz
Ausseerland Verified partner Explorers Choice
Bankerl bei der BergstationPhoto: Tom Lamm, CC BY, Ausseerland
Safety informationEmergency call mountain rescue: 140
Emergency reporting tip - provide answers to the six W questions:
- What happened?
- How many injured?
- Where did the accident happen? (possibly GPS coordinates)
- Who is reporting? (callback number)
- When did the accident happen?
- Weather at the accident site?
Tips and hintsTourist Office Ausseerland-Salzkammergut
Information office Tauplitz
8982 Bad Mitterndorf
+43 3688 24 46
The hike continues across the high plateau in the direction of Steirersee. You should take the time for a short break at the Steirerseebankerl. The view of the Sturzhahn and the shining Steirersee is unforgettable.
Before the Steirersee huts, trail no. 275 branches off to the south. From here on surefootedness is required!Via the so-called "Niederblas" you descend towards Tauplitz and reach the village center via the Freibergweg.
From Tauplitz train station you can reach the valley station of the 4-seater chairlift in about 20 minutes on foot.
The bus stop is located directly at the valley station.
Getting thereThe journey to Tauplitz is best planned with google.at/maps. From there you can take the 4-seater chairlift to the high plateau.
By car, you can get to the Tauplitzalm from Bad Mitterndorf via the Tauplitzalm Alpine Road (toll).
ParkingThere are enough parking spaces directly at the valley station of the 4-seater chairlift and on the Tauplitzalm.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentProper backpacking makes a lot of things easier:
- Pack heavy things first.
- The water bottle should always be within easy reach in a side pocket.
- All things that are often needed such as sunglasses, camera or hiking map belong on top.
- An emergency kit including blister plaster belongs in every backpack and a clothing according to the "onion system" is always recommended!
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others