Patscharound with "Patschanose"
Oststeiermark Tourismus Verified partner Explorers Choice
VogelhüttePhoto: Lara Fani, Oststeiermark Tourismus
The Patscharound hiking trail leads along a beautiful forest path, starting at the Vögelhütte in Naas around the Patscha to the summit of the Patscha, and back via the Patschanose.
On the Patscharound hiking trail, every nature lover gets their worth due to the dreamlike view on all sides. Only a few minutes by car from Weiz, the Patscha is perfect for a short hike with the whole family. The small, fine mountain is inviting at any time of the year and the route over the Patschanose even offers a great view into the Weizklamm gorge and all the way to Weiz. The hike leads along idyllic hiking trails through the middle of the forest. There are two slight inclines, but they are easily manageable. On this hiking trail you can relax and really enjoy nature.
Take a snack with you and enjoy it on the benches at the summit.
Important phone numbers:
- Fire department: 122
- Police: 133
- Rescue service: 144
- European emergency call: 112
The route description presented has been prepared to the best of our knowledge and belief.
It is based on interpretations of hiking maps and personal experiences of hikers and mountain sportsmen.
All descriptions are not to be considered as official hiking guides, the tourism region Weiz assumes no liability for the descriptions, route planning and tours and it is therefore highly recommended to use additional official map material from quality manufacturers, alpine clubs, nature lovers and other mountain sports institutions for individual route planning.
Please remember that hiking, walking, climbing and mountaineering are outdoor sports, which are influenced by the different individual physical condition, the personal condition of the day, the weather as well as the seasonal ground conditions and many other basic conditions and therefore a careful route planning adapted to the respective situation is necessary for the preparation.
We wish you an accident-free and eventful tour.
Tips and hints
Eastern Styria Tourist Board
Main square 18
Tel: +43 3172 2319 660
Mobile in Eastern Styria with SAM shared cab (SAM takes you to your hiking starting point and back again. Attention: For trips on Sunday and public holidays, book in advance until the evening before).
- We start our circular walk at the car park below the Vogelhütte.
- First we follow the road until we reach the Vogelhütte. From there we hike along the forest path until we reach the first crossroads. Here we keep to the right so we can walk around the mountain Patscha.
- We follow the forest path and can already enjoy great views here. At the next junction we keep left and walk through the forest towards the summit. Soon we come to a large meadow and walk through the pasture cross. The summit cross is already visible. and we look forward to the panorama.
- Descending, we now continue straight ahead. We follow the forest path until we come to a fork to the right towards "Am Sattel". Here we walk along the gravel path and then follow the meadow path at the next junction straight on towards Patschanose.
- Here we have wonderful views of Passail, Weiz and the Weizklamm gorge. After a short rest, we continue along the hiking trail and keep left at the next fork towards the Vogelhütte. When we reach the Vogelhütte, we walk back along the road to the car park.
Timetables and travel information can be found directly at:
The district capital of Weiz is located in eastern Styria and is very easy to reach via the A2 from Vienna (approx. 2 hrs) and from Graz (approx. 30 min).
Arrival from Vienna and Graz: On the A2 from Vienna, take motorway exit 161 / Gleisdorf West in the direction of B54 / B64. Follow the B65 / Gleisdorfer Bundesstraße until you reach the B54 / Wechselbundesstraße. At the roundabout take the second exit to the B64 / Rechberg-Bundesstraße. After about 15 km you will reach the district capital Weiz.
Arriving from Graz via the main road: take Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Kai and Wickenburggasse to Jahngasse / B67a. Follow the B72 to Weiz and take the exit towards Weiz -West.
From Weiz, follow the B64 in the direction of Naas. In the centre of the village turn right and follow the road to Vogelhütte.
Parking is available just before the Vogelhütte.
- Before starting the hike, check the possibilities for refreshments or pack the appropriate food.
- A good hiking boot is a good companion and should never be missing.
- An emergency kit (blister plaster!) belongs in every backpack.
- It is always advisable to dress according to the "onion system".
- Don't forget rain gear, sunglasses and a water bottle, as well as a camera and map.
Proper backpack packing makes many things easier: pack heavy things first. The water bottle should always be within easy reach in a side pocket. All things that are often needed, such as sunglasses, camera or hiking map, belong on top.
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others