Above the rooftops of Irdning, this winter hike invites you to enjoy a magnificent view of the Grimming and exercise in nature.
Distance 5 km
On this rather easy hiking trail you can take a "forest bath" in summer as well as in winter and really take a deep breath and recharge your batteries. There is also history to explore along the way, because there is a detour to the "Pürglitzschanze", a fortified building from the time around 1800. An information board on site tells you about the exciting past of this place.
Take time to visit the beautiful Capuchin monastery and church at the beginning of the tour.
Update: January 17, 2022
- Plan your trip in advance, taking into account walking time, distance, elevation gain, hazards, and weather reports.
- Let others know where you are going and when you want to be back.
- Turn back in time if the weather deteriorates.
- Stay on the marked trails.
- If you are a dog owner: keep your dog on a leash and make sure it is quiet.
- The tourist office does not assume any liability based on the information provided.
Tips and hintsTourismusinformation: www.grimming-donnersbachtal.at
T +43 3682/23999
Getting thereFrom the Ennstalbundesstraße (B320) at the Trautenfels junction or in Wörschach turn off in the direction of Irdning, Donnersbach, Donnersbachwald and continue to the center of Irdning.
ParkingFree parking at the large parking lot opposite the tourist office.
33T 432405 5261667
Author’s map recommendations
- Winter mountain boots or sturdy shoes with a good profile
- Clothing according to the weather forecast
- Backpack with small food
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view