From Mariazell we go via Mitterbach to the Schindelsattel, then via the Sonneck to the Habertheuersattel and back to Mariazell.
Distance 22.4 km
An insider tip as an alternative to the Hubertusseerunde - over the Sonneck into Mariazellerland.
The tour runs partly on state and federal roads.
Side trip to Lake Erlauf and/or Lake Erlaufstausee
Update: September 23, 2022
Safety informationA few more requests - the nature and wildlife will thank you and the bike experience will be an even more beautiful:
- Please stay on the designated paths!
- Please do not leave any litter!
- Hikers and pedestrians have priority!
- Please ride responsibly and in half-sightedness!
- Please ride only a technically perfect bike!
Tips and hintsTourism Association Hochsteiermark - Office Mariazeller Land
Hauptplatz 13, 8630 Mariazell
T: +43 (0) 3882 2366
Getting thereVia the Westautobahn (A1 from Salzburg or Vienna) to the exit Ybbs or St. Pölten/Süd, then B 20 to Mariazeller Land.
From the south to Bruck/Mur - Kapfenberg, then B 20 over the Seebergpass into Mariazell country.
ParkingAll information about parking you can find here
33T 523832 5291195
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentA few tips for safe mountain biking:
- Check your bike's air pressure, spoke tension and brake pads after every tour.
- The helmet is part of every mountain bike tour.
- Consider in advance what equipment you need: warm clothing, rain and wind protection, repair kit and first aid kit belong in your backpack, as well as a charged cell phone.
- 3 Waypoints
- 3 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view