Erlebnisregion Schladming-Dachstein Verified partner Explorers Choice
Spechtensee - bereit zum reinhüpfenPhoto: Roland Gutwenger, Erlebnisregion Schladming-Dachstein
From the starting point GH Weitgasser, this trail also first leads over the Fürstensteig in the direction of Stainach, where the first real climb then leads up to the Leistenalm. After a few meters in altitude, you pass directly by the Spechtensee. From there it goes first still over an asphalt section, until it goes again over a forest road in the direction of Aicherlkar. Forest paths, single trails and an alternation of up and down passages lead you past the Aicherlstein.
The last kilometers are a downhill in technically demanding terrain. Narrow single trails lead you through the forest back to the starting point.
Track typesShow elevation profile
- Plan your trail in advance
- Inform yourself about the course of the trail and its demands
- Pay attention to weather forecasts and weather changes
- Let others know where you are going
- Adapt your equipment to the weather and the trail
- Be aware of livestock when crossing pastures
Tips and hintsTourism information: www.schladming-dachstein.at
Tourism blog: www.derbergdastal.at
Tourist Office Schladming-Dachstein
T: +43 3687 23310
Garbage on meadows and paths can not smell mountain and valley. Please take it with you. Agriculture and forestry are important partners for Berg und Tal. They allow you to walk and drive on many of their paths. Be aware that only good cooperation will guarantee your recreational enjoyment in the future.
Public transportWith the bus 940 to the busstop ,,Wörschach Ort''. Near there is also the start point.
All informations under:
Getting thereFrom the Ennstaler Bundesstraße B320 turn to Wörschach, coming from Liezen pass the village in the direction of the north exit, turn into the Aicherlsteinweg. Follow the road and on the right side you will find the Weitgasser Inn.
ParkingAt the Gasthaus Weitgasser
Author’s map recommendations
Trailrunning map Schladming-Dachstein: available free of charge at all info locations
- KOMPASS Hiking Map 68, Ausseerland-Ennstal 1:50.000, hiking, biking, ski touring.
- Trail running shoes - no asphalt running shoes
- Running backpack or vest depending on the length of the tour hydration bladder or softflasks
- thin windbreaker
- first aid kit, including emergency blanket
- cell phone
- energy bar
- change of shirt
- 3 Waypoints
- 3 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others