The Via Ferrata Jubiläums-Klettersteig was built in 1991 and leads through the south face of the Eselstein.
The Jubiläum via ferrata was build in 1991 and its varied passages lead along: the ridge, very exposed spots, and easier terrain in between. Many mountaineers faced their limit on its steep cliff passage.
A very well-designed via ferrata meeting every expectation, though not suited for inexperienced climbers or childer. Very strenous and exposed at some parts.
Hiking Via Ferrata routes is a demanding sport in rugged terrain. For your safety, please observe the following rules:
- Via Ferrata routes are demanding and require a good level of fitness, no hight vertigo and sure-footedness.
- Always use a helmet and, a Via Ferrata kit to attach yourself to the safety rope. Many mountain rescue missions are a result of carelessness and bad weather conditions.
- Many routes require most of the day. When planning a tour, always include the possibility of a sudden change of weather. Be prepared: carry spare clothing and a good stock of food supplies.
- Always show respect towards fellow mountaineers. Inform them about possible dangers if need be.
- Take care of our environment. Only take photographs and memories with you - leave no trace.
Alpine Emergency Numbers
Mountain Rescue 140
Euro Emergency Call 112
Tips and hints
Up-to-date information: Bergführerbüro Ramsau am Dachstein or phone +43 664 522 0080.
Arriving from the west:
From the west you can take the Munich-Salzburg motorway, continuing on the Tauern motorway (A 10) until the Ennstal junction. From here take the Ennstal A-road (the B 320) for around 30 km into the Schladming-Dachstein region, then take the Ramsau am Dachstein turn-off. Continue to the Ramsau plateau and about 1 km after Ramsau Kulm turn right to Rössing street (Rössingstraße) and continue junction (Abzweigung) Feistererhof.
Arriving from the north and east:
From the south-east take the Pyhrnautobahn motorway (A 9) to the Liezen junction and then the Ennstal A-road (B 320) into the Schladming-Dachstein region. Then take the Ramsau am Dachstein turn-off. Continue to the Ramsau plateau and about 1 km after Ramsau Kulm turn right to Rössing street (Rössingstraße) and continue junction (Abzweigung) Feistererhof.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Via Ferrata equipment
- 6 Waypoints
- 6 Waypoints