The Rosina Via Ferrata is the most demanding one in the Silberkar Canyon. However, the gorgeous views across the surrounding mountains will certainly compensate for this endeavour.
The constructor of this protected climbing path, Hans Prugger, has created a vertical masterpiece, which heads straight up – after crossing a rope bridge – from the canyon to the exit.
With no hiking passages or ledges for a break, you need a lot of upper-body strength to get from the entrance to the top. Spend a perfect day out by combining the Via Ferratas: Hias, Siega, and Rosina. A little break at the Silberkarhütte will help to ease away the day’s activities.
Since there are no rest areas, the climb is much more serious than Hias and Siega Via Ferratas. Anyone who has already had difficulties on the Hias via ferrata should not attempt the Rosina via ferrata.
Drehort - Silberkarklamm
Hiking Via Ferrata routes is a demanding sport in rugged terrain. For your safety, please observe the following rules:
- Via Ferrata routes are demanding and require a good level of fitness, no hight vertigo and sure-footedness.
- Always use a helmet and, a Via Ferrata kit to attach yourself to the safety rope. Many mountain rescue missions are a result of carelessness and bad weather conditions.
- Many routes require most of the day. When planning a tour, always include the possibility of a sudden change of weather. Be prepared: carry spare clothing and a good stock of food supplies.
- Always show respect towards fellow mountaineers. Inform them about possible dangers if need be.
- Take care of our environment. Only take photographs and memories with you - leave no trace.
Alpine Emergency Numbers
Mountain Rescue 140
Euro Emergency Call 112
Tips and hints
Aktuelle Informationen: Bergführerbüro Ramsau am Dachstein
Arriving from the west:
From the west you can take the Munich-Salzburg motorway, continuing on the Tauern motorway (A 10) until the Ennstal junction. From here take the Ennstal A-road (the B 320) for around 30 km into the Schladming-Dachstein region, then take the Ramsau am Dachstein turn-off. Then straight ahead 4 km and directly after the bridge turn left and follow "Silberkarklamm" signs.
Arriving from the north:
From the south-east take the Pyhrnautobahn motorway (A 9) to the Liezen junction and then the Ennstal A-road (B 320) into the Schladming-Dachstein region. Then take the Ramsau am Dachstein turn-off. Then straight ahead 4 km and directly after the bridge turn left and follow "Silberkarklamm" signs.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Via ferrata equipment
- 6 Waypoints
- 6 Waypoints