Distance 14.6 km
The „Elfer“ – home mountain of Neustift – has not only been a natural time marker for the locals since time immemorial but also shows unique geological features. It is impressive to watch how two different rock forms meet there: on the one side the rugged and bright rock towers on the Serles ridge made out of limestone, on the other side the prehistoric rock of the Stubai mountains, the so called Ötztal-Stubai-Crystalline that forms the socket of the mountain. The chalk sediments had been lifted out of the sea when the African Plate pushed against the Eurasian Plate and the Alps were formed. You recognize the limestone by its red to yellow limestone layers below the summit of Kesselspitze, a rugged and highly jointed setup and the bright rock fans out of sharp-edged boulders.
Mountain station Elferlifte - Pinnistal - valley station Elferlifte
AuthorTourismusverband Stubai Tirol
Update: October 30, 2020
Getting thereFrom the Olympic city of Innsbruck, you reach the Stubaital in approx. 20 minutes via the Brenner motorway (Europa Brücke). Exit at Schönberg, the first community of the Stubaital; continue further to Mieders, Telfes, Fulpmes and Neustift. Or drive along the toll-free Brenner route to Schönberg (approx. 35 minutes travel time).
ParkingAt the Elferlifte valley station are free parking spaces.
32T 676319 5218750
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view