Distance 14.9 km
They provide shade and though allow sufficient sunlight to pass through for the understory to grow. The larch trees on the “Eulenwiesen” enable a protected variety of flowers (pasqueflower, trumpet gentian, arnica …) and give space to matgrass and dwarf-shrub. These “Larchbergmahder” sprouted after fire clearance. Due to the many floods at the valley bottom the farmers needed new pastures and found them at about 1,700 meters above sea level. Whereas spruce trees and pine trees burned up, the larch trees only flared on the outside and were budding again the next spring. Such places of natural treasures can only be maintained through extensive care and cultivation by the farmers. Once a year the “Eulenwiesen” are therefore mowed by hand and scythed.
Round Trip 2: Serlesbahnen - Eulenwiesen - Serlesbahnen
AuthorTourismusverband Stubai Tirol
Update: October 30, 2020
Rest StopNaturschauplatz Eulenwiesen
Tips and hintshttp://www.stubai.at/en/activities/hiking/scenic-nature/eulenwiesen/
Getting thereThe Serlesbahnen can be found at the valley entrance in the Mieder district. There you will find many free parking spaces.
ParkingAt the valley station are many free parking spaces.
32T 681567 5224599
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view