Distance 7.2 km
High up beneath the Brenner summit, lies an open, overgrown plateau with alpine roses and cranberry bushes. The glistening white Stubai Ice Caves can be seen in the distance. This scenic nature site is, however, the annual gathering place for black cockerels to mate, scuffle and ‘play about’ together. The peak mating season for roosters falls between late March and early June - which runs alongside the start of the hiking season. The roosters begin their courtship displays at dawn, as they try to impress with their posturing and chest thrusts, diverse sounds and exuberant leaps. They always take a break before sunrise, which hunters describe as morning prayer. Sunrise sees the start of the so-called ‘sun courtship’, which, including interludes of scuffling, lasts all day. Hühnerspiel therefore gives a whole new meaning to the concepts of nature and drama.
Round trip 3 Milders / Start of Oberbergtal Power Station – Milderaunalm – Hühnerspiel – Milderaunalm – Milders
AuthorTourismusverband Stubai Tirol
Update: October 30, 2020
Getting thereDie Tour startet beim Parkplatz beim Kraftwerk in Milders am Anfang des Oberbergtales. Den Parkplatz erreicht man indem in Milders in Richtung Oberbergtal abzweigt und der Straße ca. 300 Meter folgt.
ParkingBeim Ausgangspunkt befinden sich kostenfreie Parkplätze.
32T 672909 5219224
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view