The Blaue Lacke lake is a relatively recent product of climate change.
Distance 11 km
After the most recent ice age, the ice masses retreated. They did not, however, continue to release their grip on the terrain, given that there were repeated occurrences of glacial advances. The last major advance is believed to have happened in 1850. This theory is substantiated by the occurrence of numerous moraines in the upper mountains. And it is behind one of these moraines that today’s Lake formed at 2,294 m. The captivating interplay of colour in the water depends both on its underlying surface and the amount of cloud cover, but the effect is stunning either way. This region, once dominated by huge glaciers, suffered repeated catastrophes in the valley below as a result of seismic shifts in the mass of ice. Records report, for example, that in the 1770s the Aperer Freiger glacier experienced a huge fracture, sending an enormous block of ice down into the lower-lying waters with tremendous force before breaking up.
Update: March 09, 2021
Getting thereVon der Olympiastadt Innsbruck erreichen Sie das Stubaital in ca. 20 Minuten über die Brennerautobahn (Europabrücke), Ausfahrt Schönberg - weiter bis nach Neustift. Von dort weiter in Richtung Stubaier Gletscher bis ans Ende des Tales.
ParkingKostenlose Parkplätze bei der Talstation der Stubaier Gletscherbahnen.
32T 662684 5207071
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view