From Neustift (locality Neder) leads a signposted, long road towards south into the upper valley to mountain inn Pinnisalm (2 h walking time or drive-up by taxi;)
Upwards on signposted walking trail towards south and ascent to Pinnisjoch (2370m, just behind there is located the Innsbrucker Hut). Now towards north-east along the signposted, rocky ridge up- and downwards to the access just behind a little material cot.
Behind the material cot starts a little gorge, which is built by an upstream pylon. In the gorge short way upwards to the steep entry wall.
The upper part of the via ferrata climbing down to the crossing of the signposted descent at the last big break. Brashly, exposed bends (partly secured, A) lead angular downwards to a detrital gorge. Over secured step (B) and uncomfortable steep area to the bottom of the wall. Back towards south on exposed path below the walls and short two-way ascent to the access, further on as accesses.
Danger of falling rocks at descent; Attention in early summer because of remaining snow (please ask the hut host!)
Before starting the tour please take care of the weather conditions. Also get information about the tour conditions in the Stubai mountain guide offices. You receive the updated list of the hut openings in the offices of the Tourist Board Stubai Tirol.
Tips and hintswww.stubai.at
Getting thereFrom Innsbruck over Brenner motorway (toll fee) or on the federal road to exit Stubai valley and further on to Neustift.
ParkingParking bus stop Neder (Gasthof Zegger)
EquipmentVia ferrata set, mountain boots
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.