Ambitious via ferrata hikers ideally connect the „Elferkofel-via ferrata“ with the “Nordwand-via ferrata” on the Elferturm.
The securities are mainly of brackets and spikes, whereby an adequate security is only given by rope team association. Until Elferkofel summit there are several by-pass possibilities. Surefootedness and basic climbing experience (also for descent) are essential. Partly exposed, but wonderful ridge climbing.
Degree of difficulty B, C, some passages 1+ and 2-
June – October
Duration / Difference of height:
Access: 1,5 h / 600 Hm
Fixed rope route: 1,5 h / 100 Hm (1,5 km)
Descent: 1,5 h / 540 Hm
Exposition: South-west to South-east
Valley / Info, starting point, base:
Please see “Nordwand via ferrata”
Safety informationDangers: hardly steel rope safety, exposed at danger of thunderstorm
Before starting the tour please take care of the weather conditions. Also get information about the tour conditions in the Stubai mountain guide offices. You receive the updated list of the hut openings in the offices of the Tourist Board Stubai Tirol.
Tips and hintswww.stubai.at
Getting thereFrom the olympic city Innsbruck the Stubai valley is accessible in 20 minutes via Brenner motorway, exit Schönberg until Neustift in the Stubai valley.
Parkingparking Elferbergbahn cableways
EquipmentVia ferrata set, helmet, mountain boots or climbing boots, safety rope for youths, children and inexperienced is essential!
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.