Safety informationIn the lower part danger of rock fall; the descent is also classified as via ferrate and after snowfall partly difficult.
Before starting the tour please take care of the weather conditions. Also get information about the tour conditions in the Stubai mountain guide offices. You receive the updated list of the hut openings in the offices of the Tourist Board Stubai Tirol.
Tips and hintswww.stubai.at ; www.schlick2000.at
Getting thereFrom Innsbruck via Brenner motorway A13 or on the main road to junction Stubaital and Fulpmes. Through the village towards “Schlick2000” or “Kreuzjochbahn” to the valley station of the cableway. Train/Bus: main station Innsbruck and by bus to Fulpmes.
a) From mid-station „Froneben“: Ascend by cableway to station Froneben (1351 m; to here from Fulpmes approx. 1 hour walking time). From here on the forest trail in 40-50 minutes to Schlicker Alm (1640 m; Access also permitted by mountain bike!). Another 20 minutes on the road into the valley to a big red signpost showing you the direction to “Schlicker Klettersteig”, from where you walk 25 minutes to the access.
b) From mountain station „Kreuzoch“: Along the forest trail or over the pistes downwards to Zirmachalm and in a big turn to the other valley side to the junction of the access path to the via ferrata (approx. 40 minutes shorter than the ascend a)
Taxi service to Schlickeralm: Tel. +43 (0)5225/62409.
ParkingParking Schlick 2000 cableways
Equipmentvia ferrata set, helmet, good mountain boots or climbing shoes; security rope for youths;
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.