Alpine ski tour in the valley end of Pflerschtal/Val di Fleres. The tour offers a beautifulg cirque, inviting ski slopes and great views on the South Tyrolean mountains in the south and the Tribulaun summit on the northern side. The exposure to north guarantees a good powder snow.
Technical skiing grade: easy.
Alpine grade: quite difficult.
Maps: Tabacco No. 038, Kompass No. 44.
Getting thereFrom Vipiteno/Sterzing or Brennero/Brenner to Colle Isarco/Gossensass and towards the end of Val Fleres/Pflerschtal valley. At S. Antonio/St. Anton on the left side of the stream forward to the parking lot at the courtyards of the hamlet Stein.
Basic Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski Helmet
- 2 pairs of Gloves: lightweight, breathable and windproof for going uphill, regular ski gloves for downhill
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Additional warm jacket
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Lightweight wind- and waterproof ski pants
- 20 to 28 liter rucksack, preferably backcountry type
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski touring boots
- Ski touring bindings to fit boots
- Ski touring skins to fit skis
- Ski poles, preferably telescopic type
- Avalanche safety equipment to consider: beacon, avalanche probe, avalanche shovel
- Ski touring crampons
- Crevasse rescue kit
- Ski touring harness
- Light ice axe
- Ski touring ropes
- Avalanche airbag backpack
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.