Ski touring friends will find a natural ascent path over hiking trails and forest roads to the mountain station Ladurns, which is ideal for practicing and training. The ascent slope is only open during the opening hours of the cable cars.
Technical skiing grade: easy.
Maps: Tabacco No. 038, Kompass No. 44.
Getting thereFrom Vipiteno/Sterzing or Brennero/Brenner towards Colle Isarco/Gossensass, turn into the Val di Fleres/Pflerschtal and follow the road until the parking lot of the Ladurns valley station.
Basic Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski Helmet
- 2 pairs of Gloves: lightweight, breathable and windproof for going uphill, regular ski gloves for downhill
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Additional warm jacket
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Lightweight wind- and waterproof ski pants
- 20 to 28 liter rucksack, preferably backcountry type
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski touring boots
- Ski touring bindings to fit boots
- Ski touring skins to fit skis
- Ski poles, preferably telescopic type
- Avalanche safety equipment to consider: beacon, avalanche probe, avalanche shovel
- Ski touring crampons
- Crevasse rescue kit
- Ski touring harness
- Light ice axe
- Ski touring ropes
- Avalanche airbag backpack
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.