Distance 96.2 km
This bike route through the Isarco Valley is a pleasure tour that offers idyllic scenery. Rolling hills, small towns and cultural treasures line this well-marked bike route, which leads from Brennero to South Tyrol’s capital city of Bolzano. The Brennero/Brenner–Bolzano/Bozen Bike Route starts at the Brenner Pass and runs along the former railway line, which is at a slight downhill grade, to Vipiteno/Sterzing. The marked bike path then continues, partly flat and with a light ascent, through picturesque villages and small hamlets up to Franzensfeste Fortress, past Lake Vahrn, and along the Kastanienweg (Chestnut) Trail towards Novacella/Neustift Abbey and then continuing on towards Bressanone/Brixen. The section from Bressanone to Bolzano is again a brisk ride through the narrow Isarco Valley, with a stopover in the little artists’ town of Chiusa/Klausen, known for its imposing hilltop Säben Abbey. From there, the route continues to the capital city of Bolzano. The Brennero/Brenner–Bolzano/Bozen Bike Route runs a total length of 96 kilometers from Brennero to Bolzano.
32T 690304 5208214
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view