From the Adige Valley to the mountains, visitors can cycle with constant temperatures through shady forests and flowering meadows, far away from the hustle and bustle of traffic.
Our tip: BikemobilCard - one ticket for all means of transport!
Travel around South Tyrol with public means of transport and rent a bike with just one ticket!
The BikemobilCard allows you to make full use of South Tyrol's Integrated Public Transport network on one, three or seven consecutive days. In addition, on one day of your choice during the validity period of your BikemobilCard you may rent a bike in one of the railway stations’ bike rentals or in various further rental points dislocated throughout the territory and carrying the "Bici Alto Adige" logo. In every bike rental participating in the initiative it is possible to rent and return bikes. Feel free to return your bike at a rental point differing from that of departure.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.