Distance 10.5 km
The Platschjoch High-Altitude Trail starts just below the mountain station of the Ratschings-Jaufen cable car, at the valley station of the Rinneralm chairlift (3 min. walk). It goes towards the Kalcheralm Alpine farm and then along the forest road to the Jaufenpassstraße road. Cross the road and continue a little way into the area of the Platschjoch mountain. You then loop round to go back down to the Rinneralm.
32T 675851 5190961
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view