A relaxing cycling path for nature lovers
Length: about 20 km; difference in altitude: about 370 m.
This slightly ascending and largely natural bike path leads from the center of Meran/Merano (the Sissi Statue in Elisabeth Park - Summer Promenade) along the Passer River, and ends in St. Leonhard/San Leonardo. This path does not lead directly through the villages that lie along its route, but cyclists can take a detour into anyone of them.
Please note that the bus line 240 from Meran to St. Leonhard is not equipped for bicycle transport.
Getting thereStarting point of the cycle path in Merano (the Sissi Statue in Sissi's Park - Passeggiata d'Estate/Summer Promenade)
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.