Distance 12.5 km
The moderately difficult hike from Spinges/Spinga along the Samweg Trail leads to the summit of the Stoanamandl, between the Eisacktal Valley and the Pustertal Valley. On a clear day the Sexten Dolomites, the Rieserferner group, the Geisler peaks, the Schlern-Rosengarten group and the Sarntal Alps can be seen from the top of the Stoanamandl.
A section of the WWII-era defence line (Alpenwall der Linie des Nichtvertrauens) at the start of the hike has been converted into a lookout point.
Update: May 02, 2019
ParkingBild Wetterkreuz parking area above Spinges
32T 702019 5186041
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view