Getting there from Bolzano/Bozen:
By car: from Munich in approximately 3,5 hours via the motorway (Rosenheim-Kufstein-Innsbruck-Brenner) until you come to the motorway exitz Bolzano/Bozen NORD. Take this exit, drive in the direction of Bolzano and toward the Renon/Ritten mountain.
By train: On the Munich-Innsbruck_Verona line to Bolzano wehre alal trains stop. Bus stop near the train station, whrere buses 165 go to Collalbo/Renon. Or walk 10 minutes to the start of ropeways to Soprabolzano/Renon. The ropeway goes in only 12 minutes to Soprabolzano/Renon. There starts the Renon railway every half hour and after 18 minutes you arrive to Collalbo/Renon. The bus 166 starte under the station Collalbo on 9:08, 10:08, 11:08, 12:08, 13:08, 15:08 an 16:08 to the starte of the cablecar Corno del Renon.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.