Distance 12.9 km
From Barbian/Barbiano we drive by car on the street to the alps of Barbian/Barbiano. At the end of the street is the parking place "Huber Kreuz", where we leave our car. First we take the trail nr. 4 and then the trail nr. 15 to the mountain pine distillery (in german "Latschenbrennerei"). We follow the way nr. 3 and then 4 (there is also the "Platzeralm", a place where we can eat or drink something) to the "Obere Horn" ( possibility to eat and drink). At the return we go on the mark nr. 1 to the "Felturnerhütte" and "Unterhornhaus". From that point we can go on the trail nr. 3A and then 3 B to our initial point, the "Huber Kreuz".
Getting thereLeave the motorway at Klausen/Chiusa. Follow the state street of Brenner/Brennero (SS12) in direction of Bozen/Bolzano or Waidbruck/Ponte Gardena. After ca. 6 km you arrive Waidbruck/Ponte Gardena and from that point you have to take the slip road in the right direction. Follow the street and after ca. 4 km you will arrive at Barbian/Barbiano.
32T 691202 5165191
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view