The castle of the Noblemen of Senales once stood where the parish church of Monte Santa Caterina/Katharinaberg now stands with its tower reaching for the heavens was once. However, the Carthusians had it destroyed in 1350. In earlier times, there was a proto-historic human settlement here. A Bronze Age sickle element with silica and Iron Age ceramic artefacts are proof that this area has been used for thousands of years. It would appear that a pre-historic trail ran along here coming up from Vinschgau.
Getting thereNaturno/Naturns - Schnalstal Valley - Monte S. Caterina/Katharinaberg
32T 647927 5172454
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.