The Speikboden is more than just a favorite ski area. It is also an ideal hiking area. The mountain got its name from a little flower that grows in the high mountains – Alpine valerian, or “Speik” in German – and that is in fact because this lovely flower is often found in the hiking area.
With the cable cars you can reach the "Speikboden Alm" at 2000 metres of altitude or the Sonnklar mountain at 2400 metres above sea level. Both are starting points for fantastic walks and hikes along well maintained trails. Particularly popular are the sunrise walks - to spot the first sunrays while the valley still lies in darkness is a memorable experience.
Getting thereSpeikboden Cableways
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.