Starting point: Village Brennerbad/Terme di Brennero, at the one-time valley station Zirog/Zirago (1.320m)
The mountain hut is located southwards the Brenner/Brennero and offers shelter and food. The path leads past the old cable car station over a little bridge on path no. 4 to the mountain pasture Badalm and forwards following the signpost “Enzianhütte 4a” to the mountain hut Enzianhütte/Rifugio Genziana.
Tip: the specialities of the Enzianhütte/Rifugio Genziana are Tyrolean tris of dumplings and the well-known Scottish Highland beef. It is available in different variants and is delicious.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.