Distance 4.7 km
This easy circular route starts at the Tourist Office in San Leonardo. Crossing the steel bridge (above the bus station), follow the road on the right all the way up to the church. The route then passes the Brühwirt Restaurant leading right up to the primary school buildings. Turn right and take the Happergweg road as far as the Happerg farm at the edge of the forest. Follow the signs to the Andreas-Hofer-Rundweg circuit until Via Gerlos/Gerlosweg road then turn right across the main street and continue to the historic Sandwirt farm, Andreas Hofer’s place of birth and the museum named after him. The route back to San Leonardo follows the Gandellenweg road, under the main road.
Getting thereFrom Merano / Meran to the Passeier Valley in direction of Passo Rombo / Passo Giovo until S. Leonardo / St. Leonhard.
32T 671332 5186612
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view