The trail with a total length of 6.5 km goes from St. Leonhard on the left to Gomion, crosses the bridge there, and then leads to the right almost to Moos in Passeier. The trail winds along the river at water level. Halfway on, it rises in a serpentine configuration, leading through a forest and passing through a vertical wall, reaching the hamlet of Aue shortly before Moos, where the ridge again crosses the Passer river.
The trail is not suitable forpushchairs.
Getting thereFrom Merano / Meran to the Passeier Valley in direction of Passo Rombo / Passo Giovo until S. Leonardo / St. Leonhard.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.