In 9 stages over beautiful peaks through quiet valleys of the Sellrainer mountains and Stubai Alps. Through Sellraintal, the Ötztal to the Inn valley.
1st stage: Sellrain - Potsdamer Hütte. Beautiful ascent through the Fotschertal and over the Schellenberg
2nd stage: Potsdamer Hütte - Lüsens. Demanding crossing over the Hochgrafljoch into the Lüsen valley.
3rd stage: of Lüsens - Westfalen hut. Over the Zischgeles and Oberstkogel as well as the still Schwarzjöcher to the Westfalen hut.
4th stage: Westfalenhaus - Winnebachseehütte. Walk through the quiet Kare with a promising summit ascent in the Ötztal.
5th stage: Winnebachsee hut - Pforzheimer hut. From the Ötz to Sellraintal. The Gleirscher Roßkogel is there.
6th stage: Pforzheimer hut - Schweinfurter hut. Over snowfields and a summit back to the Ötztal.
7th stage: Schweinfurter hut - Dortmunder hut. From Zwieselbachtal over the Hochreichkogel to the Kühtai.
8th stage: Dortmunder hut - Peter-Anich-hut. High alpine overpass from Sellrain and Inntal.
9th stage: Peter-Anich-Hütte - Sellrain. On scenic paths along the Inn valley back to Sellrain.
Start on Sunday, then the hut on the way are not so crowded.
The paths are chosen so that experienced climbers have their fun. A very good condition and endurance is the prerequisite for this tour to cope.
Rest StopNeuwirt Gasthof Pension Sellrain Tirol
Almind Alm im Fotschertal
Inquire before the start of a stage at the Hüttenteam about the current situation on the way section.
Safety and knowledge of the high alpine dangers is assumed.
Start early in the morning, because the stages are sometimes very long.
Tips and hints
For hut to hut Sellrainer Hüttenrunde mit Ötz- und Inntalschlaufe
Von München über Garmisch Partenkirchen, Zirl und Kematen ins Sellraintal nach Sellrain.
Von Stuttgart über Ulm und Füssen zum Fernpass, weiter über Hainiger berg zum Ochsengarten und über den Kühtai ins Sellraintal nach Sellrain.
Von Südtirol über den Brenner nach Innsbruck, Zirl und Kematen ins Sellraintal nach Sellrai
ParkingKostenfrei Parken nach der ersten Kehre der Landstraße Sellrain - Axams. Parkplatz der Potsdamer Hütte.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Do not forget the rain and heat protection.
A cabin sleeping bag is required on the mountain huts. I recommend a silk sleeping bag for two people.
Basic Equipment for Long-Distance Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Tent (3- or 4-season)
- Stove (including fuel and utensils)
- Sleeping mat. Sleeping bag with suitable temperature rating.
- Toiletries and medication
- Toilet paper
Things to Bring if Staying in a Mountain Hut
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Alpine club membership card if applicable / ID
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
- 9 Stages