Distance 9.4 km
The hike starts in Tesselberg/Montassilone at the large panoramic board above the Hotel Miraval. Follow the trail to the Tesselberger Alm for a short time, then hike along the steep path no. 7A, which leads along several forest slopes to the summit of the “Geige”. From the summit cross, descend over the ridge into a hollow. There, the path no. 8 branches off to the left into the Mühlbachtal. After reaching the valley bottom, continue to the left and walk across the road (no. 2) out of the valley. At the crossroads turn right onto the access road to Mühlbach/Rio Molino and continue until you reach a bend. Shortly afterwards turn to the left. Continue until path no. 4, which leads back to the starting point.
Brenner Motorway A22, exit Brixen/Bressanone, Pustertal/Val Pusteria, Bruneck/Brunico – Tesselberg/Montassilone can be reached up the valley via Percha/Perca (4.5 km) or direction into the Ahrntal via Uttenheim (approx. 8.5 km).
32T 727680 5190473
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view