Distance 9.4 km
This rewarding circular hike leads from the mountain hamlet of Spiluck in the Schalderer Tal Valley near Vahrn/Varna to the Scheibenberg (1,948 m) and back via the Zirmaitalm mountain pasture. The view from the Scheibenberg opens out on to the Pustertal Valley and the entire valley basin of Brixen/Bressanone as well as the mountains of the Puez-Geisler group.
If you still have enough time and energy, try climbing the Karspitze peak (2,517 m) from the Zirmaitalm (1,891 m).
Update: June 19, 2019
Parkingat the fire station of Spiluck
32T 699762 5181247
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view