Distance 11.3 km
„Nomen est omen“ - Schönberg is like a pulpit offering a great view in a low mountain range between the peaks of Turnerkamp and Schwarzenstein. Beautiful is the sight of these two higher mountains, beautiful is the path to the alpine pasture, beautiful is the summit and beautiful is the panoramic view of the Ahrntal valley reaching to the Dolomites in the distance. Schönberg is situated at the southernmost point of a lateral mountain range dividing the Schwarzbach and the Mitterbach valleys. Another mountain which is well seen from the peak and is situated a bit higher above in the north is called Schafbretter, a perfect name disclosing the true form of the mountain, which looks like boards descending down to the timber line. Because of the danger of avalanches, mighty barriers were installed above the Schönbergalm.
Getting thereBrunico-Bruneck – Lutago-Luttach - Rio Bianco-Weißenbach 25 km
32T 719943 5204106
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view