BOUNDARY PATHS PREDOI-PRETTAU - BIRNLÜCKE
At the water devide between the Mediterranean and the Black Sea… Enjoy a walk along the banks of the Ahr river, with a breathtaking view of the mighty Dreiherrenspitze and backdrop views of Austria in the distance. The Birnlücke is a more pronounced mountain saddle high above the valley end of Ahrntal and can be seen every now and again starting in Luttach. It separates the Zillertal Alps to the west from the Venediger Group to the east and is part of the water devide between the Adriatic Sea and the Black Sea. There is an old at the mountain incision that used to be a very busy trade route for the exchange of goods between Ahrntal and the Pinzgau in the Austrian Salzburg region
Getting thereBruneck/Brunico - Kasern/Casere 40 km
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.