Challenging bike tour over the Straniger Alm to Pontebba and back to Tröpolach.
Distance 65.5 km
Via the L22 (approx. 2 km) and the R3 cycle path you reach the village of Stranig. From Stranig, follow the L24 for about 300 metres south and then turn left onto the gravel road towards Straniger Alm. After 900 metres in altitude you will reach the Straniger Alm. Now continue over the Straniger Sattel and down on the Italian side until you reach the junction with the asphalt road, where you continue uphill for a good 2 kilometres to the Lanzenpass. On the asphalt road the route then goes downhill to Pontebba and then over the Nassfeld Pass back to Tröpolach. The tour can also be done by E-MTB - for the whole round you might have to charge your battery. Take a charger or spare battery with you.
Variant: from the Lanzenpass over the Rattendorfer Sattel back to Austria and over the Rattendorfer Alm and Rattendorf back to the starting point (see Tour I2)
A break at the Almgasthof Straniger Alm is highly recommended.
AuthorNassfeld - Pressegger See
Update: August 24, 2020
Rest StopStraniger Alm
Wulfenia da Livio
Albergo Ristorante da Livio
- When the line is closed - absolute driving ban!
- Always drive on half sight.
- Always adjust your speed so that you can stop in time before obstacles or avoid oncoming traffic
- Watch out for pedestrians and hikers and drive slowly past
- Driving on the track with motorcycles will be reported without exception.
- The use of the bicycle routes is at your own risk.
- In the forest, especially camping, camping in the dark, making fires, disturbing game or entering forest cultures under 3 m tree height are prohibited by law.
- Check your sports equipment regularly and wear a helmet
- Only the use of the approved, marked routes is permitted.
- Never leave the marked path
- We ask for consideration for the environment. Avoid noise and pollution. Restrict driving in the twilight to protect wild animals.Observe the road traffic regulations and provide first aid if necessary.Please always close gates and gates. Caution during forestry work!
- Correct self-assessment
- Start in time and plan for reserves
- Leave higher altitudes in bad weather
- Make sure that you can get through safely if there are impassable stretches of road.
- If you do not feel safe, turn back soon enough
- For a safe cooperation please follow the Fair Play rules (Link) Emergency call: (+43 4282)112
Getting thereB111, then direction Tröpolach and to the valley station Millennium-Express.
ParkingPublic parking spaces are available directly at the starting point.
33T 368303 5163440
- Helmet duty!!!!!!
- Right clothing: Do not only adapt your clothing to the current weather conditions. Also pack warm clothing, a spare jersey and rain protection in summer, especially in the early and late seasons.
- Emergency equipment: bandages, repair kit (spare hose, pump, tools), map, mobile phone and possibly GPS
- ATTENTION: In the mountains reception is not guaranteed everywhere!
- Take enough to drink with you and plan a stopover in good time
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view