PARES 1538 m – FURCELA DE FURCIA 2294 m – JUVAC 2450 m approx. 912 m | approx. 3 hours Description: Set off from the Pares car park and keep right after about 20 minutes, following the upper forest trail to where the woods end. From there, continue across the beautiful mountain pastures to the Furcela de Furcia pass and take a right to reach the peak.
Possibility to rental snowshoes in Antermoia and Picolin.
Getting thereHow to get to Antermoia - Untermoi: By car, it is easily accessible from the A22 (Brenner motorway), exit Bressanone/Brixen in Val Pusteria/Pustertal, San Lorenzo/St. Lorenzen, direction Val Badia/Gadertal till San Martino in Badia - Longiarü / Campill.
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.