Distance 6.5 km
The snowshoe hike to the Fanes pasture offers hikers unforgettable moments in the Nature Park Fanes-Senes-Braies, surrounded by rock faces and enchanted forests. Clear streams and ponds are hidden beneath the white blanket, visible only during snow-free winters. On arrival you will be welcomed by 2 alpine huts, which serve you tasty local dishes.
Getting thereHow to Get There By car, it is easily accessible from the A22 (Brenner motorway), exit Bressanone/Brixenin Val Pusteria/Pustertal, San Lorenzo/St. Lorenzen, direction Val Badia/Gadertal, San Vigilio/St. Vigil.
33T 273584 5169260
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view