This medium-easy route is perfect for snowshoeing and is easily accessible by public transport.
It runs circularly between the villages of Corvara and Colfosco, at the foot of the majestic Sassongher mountain. The initial ascent through the woods will then give way to a spectacular view of the north face of the Sella massif.
Before heading out on the hike check the weather forecast and the avalanche report http://www.arpa.veneto.it/neve_valanghe/it/pdf/dolomiti_nevevalanghe.pdf.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it