This easy snowshoe hike goes along the southern edge of the Puez-Odle Nature Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site), away from the ski slopes on the famous Sellaronda circuit. On a lovely hike through meadows and woods covered in deep snow, you can discover the natural scenery of the Dolomites from an entirely new perspective.
Before heading out on the hike check the weather forecast and the avalanche report http://www.arpa.veneto.it/neve_valanghe/it/pdf/dolomiti_nevevalanghe.pdf.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it