Snowshoe hike with a magnificent panorama. Ascent with the cable car Speikboden and the chairlift Sonnklar to 2,400m. From there turn left onto the Sonnklar Nock and down to lake Trejer, the hut Trejer and back to the mountain station Speikboden at 2,000m. The tour is also possible in the opposite direction.
Guided snowshoe hike with certified hiking guides from Ahrntal Aktiv (www.ahrntal-aktiv.com). Rental equipment available at the ski rental at the mountain and valley station.
Getting thereCableways Speikboden
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.