Distance 7 km
Route: From the car park take the old army road up to Malga Piccolo Fanes. Up to the fork just before the Rifugio Fanes and the Rifugio Lavarella you can generally walk without snowshoes. At the fork turn right and climb across an altitude differential of approx. 100 m through the woods and across meadows (Parliament of marmots) to the plateau Plan de Serenes. From there you can see the peak of Col Toronn situated in front of the distinctive rock face of the Cima Nove. The level path leads westwards for approx. 500 m before becoming steeper, leading towards the Northwest to the ridge top that comes down from the peak of Col Toronn. Continue to climb to the right of the ridge top and in a left curve across easy terrain up to the highest point. Descent: Return by the same route to the Plan de Serenes plateau, then cross over to the South to the Rifugio Lavarella. Alternatively, return to the fork in the path and descend directly by the Rifugio Pederü.
Getting thereBy express highway Rosenheim-Kufstein-Innsbruck-Brenner up to exit "Brixen", where you continue toward the Pustertal (Val Pusteria). After about 20 km on the Pustertal national road, always heading toward Bruneck, you turn off to your right just before St. Lorenzen, into the Gadertal, heading towards Alta Badia. The SS244 carries you up to San Vigilio-Pederü.
33T 273596 5169222
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view