The trail is located in the Stilfserjoch National Park and leads through a forest of spruce and larch.
Five information boards provide information about the history of the inclined railway:
the valley station and the construction of the incline railway from 1929
technical data about the incline railway
the St Martin church constructed in the 17th century, as well as marble transport in times before the construction of the incline railway when boulders were transported into the valley by means of brake slides,
hemp-rope pulleys and flatbed wagons pulled by oxen
the mountain station with the machine house, the drive engine and the cylinder rope winch
a brief company profile of the marble works in Lasa and a list of the historical mining sites
The hike can be done as a circular route, in combination with a visit to the “Gurgl” gorge in the lower Laaser Tal valley.
This section of the hike is not recommended for those uncomfortable with heights. All others can go along the trail through the Laaser Tal valley.
From Reschen or Meran to Laas to the valley station of the inclined railway.