Distance 62.9 km
The Keschtnweg Chestnut Trail from the Neustift Monastery (560 m) to Bozen/Bolzano (262 m) runs along the right bank of the Eisacktal Valley. It is in autumn, at the time of the Törggelen, that the trail is at its most eye-catching and many taverns and inns along the way offer traditional Törggelen dishes. The lush, diverse vegetation and simple, rural way of life also attracts visitors in spring and early summer.
Getting thereIn Novacella/Neustift take path n. 9 in a westerly direction to the Griesserhof, from there to the village of Varna/Vahrn. Just below the church take path n. 2 (Salernstrasse) towards the South. Then ascend to the Burgerhof, and from there via St. Cyrill to Pinzago/Pinzagen. Then take the road to Tiles/Tils and walk to the Ritten farmhouses just above Perara/Payrdorf. The path takes you to the Saderhof and to the Gfaderhof in Teccelinga/Tötschling. Path Nr. 11 leads you to the Wöhrgraben und from there to Velturno/Feldthurns. The return journey to Bressanone-Brixen is by bus.
32T 702561 5179775
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view