The village Spiluck above Brixen is known for its numerous hiking trails and lonely peaks especially in Summer. In Winter you find Spiluck as a cozy place for a trip in the snow. Spiluck offers snowy forests with beautiful mountain scenery. Whether by toboggan or on foot, the toboggan run in Spiluck guarantees a great day out. Especially in the early morning the sun shines through the forest and until midday it warms not only the body but also the mind.
This idyllic winter hike starts at the hikers' parking lot at the end of Spiluck Street. From the parking lot above the Gostnerhof Inn, you start along trail no. 2 through the forest. You will immediately notice that the winter hiking trail is also wonderfully suitable for a toboggan run due to its perfectly maintained condition. Again and again you catch fantastic views of the Plose, the Geisler peaks and even the Langkofel and Plattkofel peaks. After about one and a half to two hours you reach the end of the trail below the Scheibenberg mountain, where the peak of the Karspitz towers above the woods in its white dress.
After a well-deserved break with your own snack, you can look forward to an exciting but above all rewarding descent on the toboggan. Always leisurely downhill, but also with faster sections, nothing stands in the way of fun on the toboggan. Of course, you can also walk back to the starting point. Directly at the parking lot, the Gostnerhof Inn invites you to stop and reward yourself with a hot tea, a typical “Marende” or lunch. There are other places to stop in the village center of Spiluck.
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.